Now in open beta!
1 player online! 231 accounts created!
Eterspire News & Updates
Last week's poll winner is a frozen land – a land where the wind rages, the snow falls and
the only way to warm a chilly adventurer up is to give them a cup of tasty hot chocolate!
- Two new maps: a second Showy Hills section and the Cursed Wolf Mountain! We've also
introduced many new mobs, NPCs and places for your two
- Two new armour sets: Onyx and Lypriptite.
- A new legendary weapon and shield to find!
- Mobs now heal when not in combat.
- Capes no longer turn to dust before being deposited in your bank.
- We've fixed an XSS vulnerability on the signup page. Thanks Chippy for your help!
- The server now confirms every attack and interaction in order to mitigate speed cheats.
- You can no longer mash-click an opponent to steal its aggro from other players.
- You can no longer attack an enemy with another player if you both attack it at the same
- Initiating an interaction and clicking outside of it no longer resets it, mitigating
- Old Guswacha now unequips your items properly after a stat reset treatment.
- Mobs no longer get into houses or warps.
- You can no longer keep interfaces such as banks or shops open while doing other activities.
- Fixed a bug that kept background sound effects playing in maps that shouldn't have them.
- The response range for NPCs has been reduced.
- The game client should no longer desync. This has been tested as thoroughly as possible,
but it might still happen in some unknown situations.
- Mobs' health bars should no longer disappear while in combat with two or more foes.
- While we weren't able to reproduce this, we believe invisible people should be no more.
- Health regen outside of combat wasn't working for some players. It should now.
In other news:
- Golden Greaves and Gauntlets are now more golden.
- Ex-patrons will lose their patron capes upon login.
- We've added a fadeout transition for music and BFX between maps.
- The camera can now be lowered down to the floor.
- We've removed the message censorship system, as it was largely broken.
- We've improved the way maps are loaded and cached, so map transition should be much faster.
Bugfixes, Mob Healing and Patron Capes
Hello there! This week we've been on maintenance mode because the server has been working funny, so the number
of updates brought to the table is a little smaller than we would've wanted. But don't worry, juicier content is
- Patron Capes! We've introduced capes to the game as a way of thanking
our patrons for supporting the game. There are Adventurer's Capes, Hero's Capes and
Legend's Capes, one for every Patreon tier. Ask Gervasius the Valiant in Stonehollow
- Equipable items in your inventory now display their bonuses and how these would affect your
current stats when equipped, along with the prerequisites to equip them.
- Mobs now heal when not in combat.
- Eels no longer classify as catfish when eating them.
- Guswacha won't change the price of her stat point reset treatment mid-conversation.
- The level required to cut some types of trees and the experience given by doing so has been
- Coins and items with no sell value can no longer be transmogrified.
- You can no longer sell an item with no value and end up with a stack of 0 coins.
- Fixed some typos.
In other news:
- Now you can walk away from NPCs some distance before they stop talking to you.
- You can no longer sell equipped items before unequipping them first to avoid selling your
- Stonehollow has been redecorated a bit.
- We've added Patreon and Discord buttons to the game client.
Hi there everybody! We've opened a Patreon account to
help us maintain the game. At first we considered alternate
monetization options such as cosmetic micro-transactions
or monthly memberships, but then we thought about the
possibility of keeping the game open and free for
everybody and sustaining it via voluntary donations on Patreon.
We are enjoying making this game very much, we are super, super happy you like it too, and we'd
love to focus as much time on it as possible. We both have daily jobs and we also spend a part
of the day studying, so the time left for Eterspire is not as much as we'd like it to be. If, by
some point in the future, we could maintain ourselves off Eterspire, we could spend our full
time making it grow and filling it with new, exciting content. So that's what the Patreon is
here for. Also, of course, running the game has some costs adjacent to it –servers, domains,
database services, etc.–, so any contribution will go towards that.
Thank you, very, very, very much if you are able to contribute in any way! If you are not, worry
not, the game is still free, it's still open (and we hope we can keep it this way forever!), and
just playing it is already a lot and we are grateful you are here.
This also means we've removed all ads from the Eterspire website.
See you around!
– Lartu & Tejo
New Weapon Models, Highscores and More
We are releasing this update sooner than planned to fix
some issues that were found during the last days. As such,
it's a smaller update, half an update if you will. The
other half will be released this Thursday, as usual, but
we didn't want to wait any longer to solve things that had
to be solved.
- We've re-added the Highscores for Beta II! You can find them in the sidebar on the
left of this page.
- Old Guswacha can now reset your stat points, for a fee, provided you have helped her
with her potion.
- Mobs are no longer aggressive when you are above double their level.
- The level cap has been removed. Bear in mind, though, that once you reach level 500
you'll stop receiving stat points.
- Hare, the glitchy Rock Crab, has been removed.
- The Ice Warrior standing in the Snowy Hills lake has been removed.
- Collision detection in the Snowy Hills lake has been fixed.
- Ice Warriors have been reintroduced to the Snowy Hills after having been removed by mistake
some updates ago.
- Transmogrifying items with no sell value, such as coins, will now yeld at least 1 EXP.
- Mobs now despawn properly after leaving and re-entering an area.
- Middle-clicking to rotate the camera should no longer scroll the page.
- Fixed the bug that forced you to wait 10 minutes to reconnect to the server if you closed
the game tab without logging off.
In other news:
- Most weapons have been graphically overhauled.
- The Snowy Hills have been graphically updated a little.
- Added a level up animation.
- The Golden Gauntlets and Golden Greaves have been redesigned to make them different to their
- Items now take 3 minutes to despawn instead of 2.
- The main Eterspire website now supports HTTPS connections.
- Eels now heal 80 HP instead of 50.
- The Bone equipment has been rebalanced a little because it overlapped
with the Meteor items. The Bone Shield now provides 11 DEF (previously
it was 12), and the Bone Shield (S) now provides 13 Defense (previously,
15). Keep in mind that the Meteor Tower Shield provides 12 DEF and
the Meteor Kite Shield 14. The Bone Sword now has a Max Damage of 85,
and the Bone Sword (S), 95. Down from 90 and 100, respectively.
Keep in mid that Meteor weapons have a Max Damage of 100.
A foggy swamp, a hoarder goblin, new equipment sets and more
gather together for this week's content update! We would've
liked to release this yesterday, but due to personal reasons
we had to delay it until today. But don't worry, we've used
the extra time to add even more new features to the game!
- A new quest: Save Smellyfeet's Face. Katalyn, the warrior, has lost her favourite
dagger. Smellyfeet, the goblin, is about to have his behind handed to him. What a pickle!
Can you help them solve their differences before things get rough?
- A new zone: the Stonehollow Swamp. Past the Stonehollow Woods, a foggy swamp full of
monsters, loot and adventure awaits!
- A new armour set for level 150 players, along with new weapons and equipment.
- Molly Banks, the banker, has opened a shop full of expensive, golden stuff to
showcase your wealth.
- Slug fishing and cooking, along with eels, for those of you who enjoy outdoor
- We've added some emotes. Enter
/battlecry to express yourself!
- The level cap has been raised from 160 to 200.
- Some NPCs are now animated.
- In certain places and situations, particularly when entering the Rock Crab Cave, aggressive
monsters would remain passive. This is no longer the case.
- Fixed a situation where the chatbox and its shadow would desynchronize, rendering text hard
- You can no longer drop a tool and continue doing the action that tool was required for
(e.g., fishing without fishing gear).
- Fixed some fishing spots that weren't working.
- Mobs can no longer be trapped against walls by walking over them in combat.
- Corrected some typos.
- Other minor, behind the scenes fixes.
In other news:
- We've changed the way you heal. When not in combat, your health will replenish completely in
around five minutes. The healing rate is higher the higher your vitality is.
- Due to popular request, the logout timer has been increased to 10 minutes.
- You can now press tab to switch between the username and password fields in the game login
- The amount of experience per item you can get from the transmogrification cauldron has been
- Some experience values and drops have been rebalanced.
Bank Deposit and Withdraw Fix
We've fixed a very nasty bug where if you tried to deposit items to a full bank or withdraw items to a full
inventory those items would be destroyed and lost. Sorry about that. Now if you try to do it, you'll receive
and error message and the item will be left were it was.
I'd like to thank Svensei for reporting the issue. Sorry about your lost items!
We've introduced private messages. You can send a private message to another player regardless of
where they are by typing
cowsay41 Hello there!
- Item transmogrification will now prioritize non-equipped items.
- Stackable items are now worth the value of the total stack when calculating which items you keep on death.
In other news:
- The Undeer will now spawn at random spots of the map it's found in.
- The Undeer has been rebalanced a bit.
Old Guswacha's Firefly Forest and More
This first week of Beta II has been amazing. Many new players have joined the
game and the general reception of this version has been astonishingly
positive. This update is the first in a series of weekly content updates
that will make Eterspire bigger and better than ever before!
- New area: Old Guswacha's Firefly Forest, south of Stonehollow. This magical forest is home to Old
Guswacha, the oldest hag around, who may have a request for adventurers in need of questing!
- Molly Banks, the banker, has settled in the Eterspire Inn. She can hold onto some of your items
and keep them safe even if you die.
- Transmogrification, the art of turning items into experience, has been added. Ask Old Guswacha for
- Enemies no longer display their relation to your level as "easy" or "hard". Instead, now you can see their
actual numeric level.
- We've rebalanced the defense stat works. Mobs and equipment has been rebalanced accordingly.
- You can now create bald characters.
- NPCs talk faster now. Also, they display (...) at the end of all their messages but the last one to
let you know when the conversation is over.
- The level cap has been raised from 125 to 160.
- A new set of equipment to be obtained by those brave enough to face the ghostly being roaming the woods!
- You can no longer create accounts with non-alphanumeric and underscore characters. Existing accounts are not
affected by this change.
- Selling an item will now sell the selected item instead of the first one in your inventory, which was
usually the equipped one.
- Other critical, behind the scenes fixes.
In other news:
- A link to the Discord server has been added to the play page.
- We've created an empty Eterspire Wiki for you
to fill. Some players have already been hard at work on it, keep it up! You can find a link to the wiki in
the sidebar, under the Community section.